10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Go a Day Without God’s Word
- It is the most authentic and reliable book you can ever read (2 Timothy 3:16).
- It keeps you energised, bubbly and enthusiastic. The Word of God is active… (Hebrews 4:12).
- You can’t know God without knowing the Word. The Word and God go together; the Word is God (John 1:1)
- It trains you for life. Training in God’s word fills you knowledge and insight, helps you to stay ahead of the enemy, equips you to handle pressure and complex situations (2 Timothy 3:16-18).
- It gives you divine direction; it helps you to see where you are going, where you ought to go. It opens your eyes to the right step to take (Psalm 119:105).
- It helps you to stay on the narrow road of righteousness and avoid the broad road of sin (Psalm 119:9).
- It is not like fashion and things in vogue that are short-lived; it has enduring, eternal value (1 Peter 1:24-25).
- It helps you stand firm and strong and not get swept away by the storms of life (Matthew 7:24-27).
- It has the power to remove the stain and stench of sin. It can clean you from inside out (John 17:17).
- It’s a secret to answered prayers (John 15:7).
PHOTO CREDIT: Gift Habeshaw on Unsplah