7 Benefits of the Presence of God
As the deer pants for the water brooks, so our soul should pant and long to be in God’s presence (Psalm 42:1-2). God created us to live in His presence. We shouldn’t allow any hurt suffered, trial we are going through, sin we have committed, blessing we have received, or level we have attained in life make us neglect, hide from or get bored with God’s presence. Even when we have sinned, God is waiting with open arms to receive us into His presence (Luke 15: 20-22). Just as a fish can’t survive outside water and needs to be in water to thrive, we can’t survive these challenging and uncertain times outside of God’s presence. The more time we spend in His presence, the more we thrive and shine.
Here are 7 Reasons why we should spend time with God; we should abide in Him:
- There is joy in God’s presence.
“In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalm 16:11)
- We receive protection from dwelling in God’s presence. Staying in His presence brings us under His shadow of protection.
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty’’ (Psalm 91:1).
- We find peace in His presence.
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” (Exodus 33:14).
- God leads, guides and directs us as we spend time with Him.
“Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory” (Psalm 73:23-24).
- The fire and power of His presence melts away every mountain; every obstacle and hindrance before us, and every satanic plan for our lives.
” The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord” (Psalm 97:5).
“Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; speak the word, but it will not stand, for God is with us” (Isaiah 8:10).
- Our fears and insecurities, our pains and burdens are lifted, are taken away as we come into God’s presence.
“Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
- We are changed, refined and transformed in His presence. His presence takes away the chaff in our character and makes us better people.
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18).
PHOTO CREDIT: Taylor Grote on Unsplash
10 thoughts on “7 Benefits of the Presence of God”
Very inspiring may God continue to guide you and your ministry
Will like to receive your messages on our email thanks
Amen. Thank you for the words of encouragement.
Thanks for the inspiring words , many people out there needs to be in the presence of God
Thank you. May the Lord help us all to abide in His presence.
I am blessed with the teaching. More grace sir.
Thanks for your feedback.
God bless you!
Thanks for this inspired map of direction of grace. Thanks, sir.
Thank you for the feedback.
I was blessed by this word of God from God’s servant, more grace sir.
Thank you for your encouraging feedback.