Relationships are very important. The relationships in our lives can have either a positive or negative influence on us. Adam and Eve had a relationship. Unfortunately, it was a relationship were one person influenced the other negatively. We are still suffering from the effects of this negative influence. 1 Corinthians 15:33 says, “bad company corrupts good character”. Proverbs 13:20 says, “He who walks with the wise grows wise but a companion of fools suffers harm”.
We therefore want to take time now to pray about the relationships in our life. As we pray, every relationship we need to move forward in life, God will establish in our lives. While those relationships that are harmful and detrimental to us, God will remove from our lives.
- Father, surround me with people who will give me wise, sound and godly counsel; people whose counsel will help to speed up my deliverance and testimony (2 Kings 5:1-3, Proverbs 11:14).
- Father, establish in my life, friendships and relationships that will make me better spiritually, financially, academically, maritally and in every other area of my life (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
- Father, those that will sharpen me; those that will help me to grow and develop spiritually and in every other area of my life, connect me O Lord to them (Proverbs 27:17).
- Father, by your divine power and wisdom, set me free from the mixed multitude. Help me not to follow the multitude to do evil. Help me not to be derailed and led astray through wrong association (Numbers 11:4-6).
- Father, anyone whose mission is to make me fall into sin, or to take me outside your will for my life, help me O Lord so I don’t fall into such a person’s trap (Nehemiah 6:13).
- Lord, open my eyes to see every fake friend in my life; every person that pretends to like me but is speaking and spreading evil reports about me behind my back ( Proverbs 17:7, Matthew 6:22).
- Lord, totally cut me off from every ‘Ahitophel’ giving me wrong counsel. Cut me off from every ‘Ahitophel’ who wants to derail and destroy me through evil counsel (2 Samuel 16:23).
- Lord Jesus, help me to make You my best and closest friend. Help me to love You above all others. Help me to devote more of my time to my relationship with You (John 15:13-15).
- O Lord, separate me from every ‘Lot’ in my life keeping me from receiving the specific word and revelation I need from you that will get me to my promised land; my place of divine fulfillment (Genesis 13:14).
- Lord Jesus, let our relationship be so deep and intimate so that everyday of my life, I will receive divine counsel and direction from You (Psalm 32:8).
PHOTO CREDIT: creationswap