There are so many things warring against our lives and destinies. They include:
- Ungodly and sinful desires that war against our soul, that war against our having a close relationship with God and living for His glory (1 Peter 2:11).
- People we love, trust and confide in, people that smile and laugh with us, but unknown to us are backstabbers and enemies in disguise (Psalm 41:9, Micah 7:6).
- Spiritual, financial, emotional and health challenges that slow us down and keep us down.
- Unseen enemies and forces. The whole line up of principalities, powers and rulers of darkness, not to mention the spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12).
This life is a battlefield and the only way to overcome is to have Jehovah, the Man of War, the Mighty Man in battle fighting for you. When God is the One fighting for you:
- You don’t need to be shaken and terrified by any situation or by any enemy no matter their size, strength, weapons or well-thought-out strategy to bring you down (Deuteronomy 20:1-4).
- You need to be still and calm not get yourself worked up with fear or think by using long speeches, quarrelsome words or rolling up your sleeves to engage in a physical combat, you will win (Exodus 14:14). That certainly is not how we fight our battles.
- The Lord uses unexpected and unfamiliar weapons; weapons your enemies are clueless as to how they function. Weapons like the blood and name of Jesus, the wind of heaven and the Holy Spirit, God’s consuming fire, high praises, and the sword of the Spirit which is the unfailing Word of God.
- You are given supernatural strength to face and conquer situations and enemies that ordinarily you are too weak to face (Joshua 23:10).
- The presence and power of God puts your enemies in a state of confusion that they don’t know how and why they start to flee far away from you (Exodus 14:25).
- The ‘Egyptians’; the problems, unpleasant situations and enemies you see today, you shall see no more! (Exodus 14:13-14).
- Victory is assured and guaranteed. If God be for you, if the Great and Mighty God is fighting for you, who can fight against you and prevail? (Romans 8:31).
As long as we are on this earth, battles; attacks and obstructions will keep coming our way. It is in heaven that all wars and struggles cease. When the battles come, let’s make sure it is God that is the One fighting our battles. We can get fearful, tired and weak on the battlefield of life, but who or what can ever weaken, frighten and overpower the Almighty God? Hand over the battles of your life to God. Don’t be intimidated by the battles confronting you and don’t dare face any battle without God by your side. Stand firm on the Word of God, hold on to the Jehovah, the Man of War who with the blast of His nostrils can destroy and subdue Satan’s strongest weapon, plan and agent. Glorious and unprecedented victories are sure to come your way as the Lord of Hosts fights for you.
PHOTO CREDIT: Kevin Turcios on Unsplash