1. When the Holy Spirit comes on you, you are overshadowed with the power of the Most High (Acts 1:8, Luke 1:35). There is power in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pray for God to immerse you in the Holy Spirit if you are yet to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
2. We are strengthened and spiritually energized with the power of God when we allow the Holy Spirit fill our inner most being and personality (Ephesians 3:16, Romans 8:11, Ephesians 5:18, Acts 4:8). There is power in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit; this is different from the baptism. Pray for grace to daily spend time with God and walk in the Spirit so the Holy Spirit can fill you more and more.
3. When we yield to God, allow Christ not flesh live and work through us, the power of God will definitely fill us and be at work in us (Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 3:20). There is power in a surrendered and yielded life. Pray that nothing will hold you back from God and God will have full control over every area of your life, every decision you make, every step you take.
4. When we wait on the Lord, we gain new strength and the power of God is renewed in us (Isaiah 40:31). There is power in fasting. Don’t wait until you church calls for a time of fasting, make fasting a part of your weekly or monthly schedule.
5. When God’s anointing is on us, the power of God will be demonstrated through us (1 Samuel 16:13, Acts 10:38, Isaiah 61:1-3). There is power in the anointing of God. The anointing of God is in levels. Pray that God will move you from one level of His anointing to a higher level and dimension of His anointing.
6. When we are not ashamed of the gospel and can boldly and publicly declare the gospel (the Word of God), we will be filled with the power of God (Romans 1:16, 2 Timothy 1:8, 1 Thessalonians 1:5). There is power in reading, preaching/teaching the Word. Don’t let God’s Word of life depart from your mouth, keep feeding on it, meditating on it and speaking the Word.
7. When we sincerely confess our sins and pray earnest, persistent prayers, such prayers are dynamic and an avenue for the power of God to be made manifest and accomplish much (James 5:16, 2 Corinthians 10:3). There is great power in prayer. Start your day with prayer, continue your day with prayer, end your day with prayer to tap into the power of God.
8. When we understand who we are in Christ and exercise our spiritual authority by standing on the infallible Word of God to decree and declare a thing in line with God’s Word, we will see the power of God at work. Spiritual authority releases God’s power (1 Kings 17:1, Job 22:28, Proverbs 8:16, Proverbs 18:21, Luke 10:19-20, Luke 9:1-2, Ephesians 1:17-19). There is power in knowledge and spiritual authority. Know yourself, know the power embedded in you through Christ Jesus and put that power to work so you can exercise your spiritual dominion over situations of life and over forces of darkness.
9. When we are full of faith, we will be full of the power of God to carry out exploits of faith. A life of faith is a life of power (Matthew 17:20, Mark 9:23, Acts 11:24, Acts 6:5, 8, 10, John 14:12). There is power in faith. May the Lord help us overcome every form of unbelief and increase our faith.
10. When we abide in God’s presence we experience and are touched by the power of God (1 Chronicles 16:27, Psalm 97:5, Psalm 9:3, Psalm 68:8, 1 Samuel 5:2-4, Matthew 18:20). There is power in the presence of God. There’s no place like His presence. Peace and power flows in His presence. Make God’s presence your daily habitation.
PHOTO CREDIT: Joel Muniz on Unsplash