In Proverbs 4:23, God admonishes us to guard our hearts. The reason being that it is what is in our heart that affects, influences and directs everything we do. A great deal of care must go into preventing sinful, harmful, negative seeds from germinating in our hearts. Sin begins in the heart; a man’s downfall begins in the heart.
Let’s take time to pray these prayers that can turn our hearts into a chamber for seeds of greatness.
- Lord, please give me a steadfast heart. Give me a heart that is firmly fixed on you not a fickle, wavering heart. Lord, please give me a heart that has steadfastly resolved to follow you so that whatever situation I find myself in, I will sing your praises (Psalm 57:7).
- Father, give me a steadfast, committed and trusting heart; a heart that is not tortured by fearful thoughts. A heart that believes that forever O Lord Your Word is settled in my life not a fearful heart that sees and anticipates bad news. Lord, let my heart be firmly fixed on you that even though all my enemies come and camp at my doorstep or the enemy releases series of attacks on me or war breaks out against me, I will not tremble, I will not be terrified and give in to panic, I will not lose faith and hope in you. I declare this day that because Jesus is my Lord, there’s no cause for alarm. In spite of what I am facing or going through today, I remain anchored on Christ (Psalm 112:7, Psalm 27:3).
- Father, purge my heart of sinful thoughts. Let my heart not be a storage facility for sinful thoughts, let my heart not be a dumping ground for junk from the kingdom of darkness, let my heart not be free space for satanic deposits. Cleanse my heart O Lord. Perform a spiritual surgery on my heart so that the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart are pleasing in Your sight O Lord, my Rock and Redeemer (Matthew 12:35, Psalm 19:14).
- O Lord, create in me a clean, pure heart so I can confidently approach You and have quick access into Your presence. Give me a pure heart so I can move from the periphery of religion; from the outskirts of heaven’s gates, and get deeper into your glorious Holy presence (Psalm 51:10, Psalm 24:3-4).
- O Lord, help me to seek You with all of my heart. Give me a heart that longs, thirsts and pants for your presence; give me a heart that is desperate for you (Jeremiah 29:13, Psalm 84:2).
- Father, help me to make knowing Your Word a priority in my life. Let Your Word dwell richly in my heart so that even when sin comes with persuasive, sugar-coated words or disguises itself as a blessing, I won’t be led astray, I will flee from sin and temptation (Psalm 119:11, Psalm 40:8, Colossians 3:16).
- Father, give me a joyful, bubbly, cheerful heart that repels and sends away sadness, discouragement, depression and all emotional ailments. I declare that the joy of the Lord is my strength (Proverbs 17:22).
- God of glory, fill my life with Your glory, make me beautiful from the inside out. Let my life be an outward reflection and expression of a life that is filled with Your strength and glory. Don’t let me be an ‘Eliab’; don’t let me be a person who outwardly people are impressed with what they see, people applaud and praise my looks, accomplishments, social status, spiritual ranking and title, yet inwardly, there’s nothing in me that delights you (1 Peter 3:3-4, 1 Samuel 16:7).
- Father, give me a sincere heart. I come against every ‘Judas spirit’. I shall not be known as one who smiles with, eats with and says nice things to a person, or hugs and kisses a person, yet in my heart I am thinking or planning evil for this same person. Lord, help me to be sincere with people and keep unfriendly friends; those with ‘Judas spirit’ far away from me (Luke 22:21, Psalm 41:9, Jeremiah 9:4-6).
- Faithful Father, please give me a faithful heart and help me to be faithful to You even in the midst of trials and afflictions. O Lord, release on me the grace to serve You faithfully. Lord, as I serve you wholeheartedly please go ahead of me and give me victory over enemies stronger than I am, fill my life with good things, and make me enjoy unusual blessings and have unbelievable testimonies (Nehemiah 9:8).
- O Lord, let your mercy locate me today and make me a candidate for a miracle. Let your mercy and favour give me a miracle that will gladden my heart and make me dance for joy. Thank You Faithful Father, for hearing me, answering me and putting abundant joy in my heart (Psalm 20:4, Psalm 37:4, Zechariah 10:7).
PHOTO CREDIT: creationswap