PRAYERS TO KNOW AND WALK IN THE WAYS OF GOD
If you really want to know God, you have to learn His ways. Moses told God “teach me Your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you” (Exodus 33:13). Moses understood that knowing God means taking time to learn His ways, it means being ready to set quality time aside to learn and understand:
- God’s purpose
- God’s character
- God’s method and approach to handling problems and difficult situations
- God’s manner of dealing with man
- God’s likes and dislikes; the things that are offensive and detestable to Him and the things that delight Him and give Him pleasure
- God’s voice; when and how He speaks
- God’s will and promises
You can’t know a person you don’t have a close relationship with. The starting point to knowing God and His ways is developing and maintaining an intimate relationship with God. God doesn’t want us to have a distant relationship with Him this is why James 4: 7 encourages us to draw near to God. “Come near to God and He will come near to you.”
Take time to pray these prayers that will help you know and walk in the ways of God.
- O Lord, please revive my prayer life and help me to draw near to You in the place of prayer. Father, help me to devote quality time each day to prayer for You have promised to be near to all those who call on You. Don’t let me have a non-existent or an up today, down tomorrow kind of prayer life (Psalm 145:18).
- My Father and my Lord, whatever it is that is keeping me from drawing near to You and having a close relationship with You, please remove from my life. Free me from being busy with the wrong things; with things that don’t have any lasting value, with things that choke my relationship with You and prevent me from growing spiritually (Mark 4:18-19).
- As important as these things are, Lord let the whole essence and reason behind my drawing close to You not be because I need one blessing, miracle or breakthrough or the other. Let me have a genuine love for You and desire for Your presence that goes beyond what I can get from You (John 6:26-27, Psalm 103:7).
- Father, remove every trace of pride and arrogance from me. Give me a humble heart so I can submit myself to learn Your ways. As I humble myself under Your mighty hand, show me Your way; show me the way I should go, reveal Your will to me. Lord as I humble myself under Your mighty hands, teach me kingdom secrets that can transform my life and let me experience a great lifting in every area of my life (Psalm 25:9).
- O Lord, whatever pleasure and comfort I need to deny myself to know you better please give me the grace and strength to deny myself these things. Help me to endure now the pain of letting go of certain earthly pleasures so I can enjoy later the benefit of knowing You (Luke 9:23).
- I declare and decree that I belong to God not to the devil. I know, hear and I’m led by the voice of the Lord. I don’t recognise, accept and follow strange voices; I don’t fall for the deception and tactics of the enemy (John 10:4-5).
- God of the second chance, give me a second chance today. Put all of my mistakes and disobedience behind You and please give me another opportunity to walk in Your ways and be blessed, lifted and mightily used by You (Jonah 3:1-3).
- I declare and decree that the way of the Lord is the way of power, the way of righteousness and truth and that is the path I walk in all the days of my life. I will not walk on the broad road that is full of sinful, violent, obstinate, abominable and disgusting ways (Deuteronomy 11:22).
- Lord, I don’t desire fame and popularity for the cool and popular way isn’t necessarily Your way. What I desire and long for is to please You. Father, help me not to follow the multitude to do evil, help me to stand by Your way even when I am mocked. Don’t let me conform to the crowd, help me to stand out of the crowd (Exodus 23:2).
- Father, continue to take my enemies by surprise. Give me victories that will confound and confuse my enemies. Unpredictable God, let my enemies never be able to predict what You are doing in my life. Show up for me in ways and places the enemy never thought possible. Give me victories and testimonies that will showcase Your Almightiness to the world (Judges 7, Joshua 6).
PHOTO CREDIT: creationswap