It’s hard for God to forget important dates, promises made, events, or people. Even statements He made, conversations He had hundreds of thousands of years ago, are still fresh in His memory. Psalm 105:8 says “He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations”. Although God has the capacity to remember every single thing, there are some things He chooses not to remember. For example in Hebrews 10:17, He says “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more”. May this Word come alive in your life today. May today be the day God will wipe away, blot out and completely forget every sin you have committed that has grieved Him and has stood as a barrier to your prayers and breakthrough.
When God decides to remember a person for good, significant things happen in the person’s life. I encourage you to pray the prayers below. As you pray, you will experience a season of divine remembrance and testimonies that will make you dance for joy.
- O Lord, I bless, exalt and magnify Your name for You are a Covenant Keeping God. I extol You for You are not a fake or deceiver. You remember precisely what You have promised and do what You have promised. I’m just praising, worshiping and acknowledging You for who You are. A God that can be trusted and relied on (Deuteronomy 4:31, Ezekiel 16:60).
- O Lord, help me not to remember, dwell and focus on failures and mistakes from my past that have the potential to keep me from receiving the great things you have in store for me (Isaiah 43:18-19, Philippians 3:13).
- O Lord, give me a grateful heart that never forgets Your benefits, blessings and goodness. Help me to daily remember, recount and appreciate Your benefits and not perpetually dwell on the things I don’t have (Psalm 103: 1-5, Lamentations 3:21-23).
- Lord God, help me not to focus on what the devil is saying or planning but to always remember Your Word which has the power to save, deliver, protect and promote me (John 14:26, Hebrews 2:1, Deuteronomy 11:18).
- Father, the day You remembered Noah the flood waters receded. Father, remember me today and let every flood that wants to drown my spiritual life, ministry, marriage, health, career, business and finances dry up in Jesus mighty name, amen (Genesis 8:1).
- Father, the day You remembered Racheal You opened her womb and her disgrace was taken away. Father, please remember me and put an end to shame and disgrace in my life. Remember me O Lord and roll away every source of reproach from my life (Genesis 30:22-23).
- Father, the day You remembered Hannah she received her long awaited testimony. O Lord, remember me and give me that testimony I have been praying about for years (1 Samuel 1:19-20).
- Lord, You remembered Abraham and because of that his nephew Lot was delivered from the catastrophe that befell the city where he lived. My Father, my Father, remember me and shield and deliver me and every member of my family from every catastrophe, disaster and calamity waiting to unfold this year. Remember me and cover me and my family with Your wings of protection (Genesis 19:29).
- O Lord, when You remembered Your covenant, You delivered the Israelites from the bondage and captivity of Egypt. Jehovah God, remember Your covenant and promises to me and deliver me from every satanic bondage, oppression and yoke. Remember me and set me free from every form of captivity. Remember me O Lord and let every spiritual, marital, financial and health yoke that has been weighing me down be broken today in Jesus mighty name, amen (Exodus 2:23-25).
- Father, at the right time Joseph was remembered and he moved from the prison to the palace. O Lord, let me be divinely remembered and experience a supernatural lifting. O Lord, let me be divinely remembered and called upon to take a divine appointment and unbelievable promotion (Genesis 41:1-57).
- My Father and my God, before this year comes to an end be merciful to me, single me out of the crowd, remember me O Lord with Your favour and visit me. Remember me O Lord so it will be my time and turn to testify (Psalm 106:4).
PHOTO CREDIT: creationswap