Throw Yourself into What God Created You to Do
Don’t throw yourself into trying to copy and be like someone else no matter how smart and great that person appears to be. Life is not about struggling to look and act like the next person, it’s about being the unique person God created you to be.
Don’t throw yourself into trying to please people. Colossians 3:23 tells us that whatever we do, we must ensure we are working heartily to please God not man. The reason for this is that if you are trying hard to please people for whatever reason, then you must be displeasing God at some point. What God looks out for is completely different from what people look out for when someone wins or gets their approval (1 Samuel 16:7). Man’s approval does not equate to God’s approval. Pleasing God puts you in a place of safety, pleasing man can be a snare; it can get you entangled in dangerous traps you may find hard to get out (Proverbs 29:25).
The best thing to do is to throw yourself into being who God created you to be.
The wisest decision you can make it is throw yourself into doing what God created you to do. So how does one throw oneself into doing what God created you to do? Here are some helpful tips:
- Pay attention to the things and people you are passionate about, interested in, have a burden for and throw yourself there.
2. Pay attention to your gifts and talents and throw your life into using them for God’s glory.
3. Pay attention to fears, weaknesses, trials and challenges you have overcome and throw yourself into sharing your experience and testimony with people who are going through the same thing to encourage them and show them how God helped you overcome.
4. Pay attention to what you are always grumbling and complaining about and redirect your energy. God may actually want you to use your energy to come up with a solution instead of always complaining about the problem.
5. Pay attention to the general things God wants everyone to do and throw your life into doing them. You discover the specifics while doing the general. Throw yourself into having and building a close relationship with God, you don’t need any prophet to tell you that’s what God wants you to. As you do this, you will discover the significant contribution God wants you to make in your own style and touch, you will discover the peculiar thing God created you to do.Which out of these 5 points has helped you in your own personal journey of discovering God’s purpose for your life?
Do you have any additions to this list that has worked for you? Please add yours.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sorin Sirbu on Unsplash